Met my friend Chuck C. on a brook trout stream in northern NJ. This is one of my favorites, though I don't fish it often because it's an extra 35 minutes or so compared to other streams I like almost as much. However, it's close to where Chuck lives, so I wanted to introduce him to it. Chuck is an avid still water/warm water fisherman. This was his second time out with a fly rod, and first time out on such a small stream.
He did well... the photo below shows him releasing a fish. In typical digital pocket camera style the image is a fraction of a second late, but the splash below his left hand is actually a fish returning to the water.
Below that is an image of a typical brook trout.
Fish were rising to stone fly imitations. The hatch was less pronounced than other streams I've fished in NJ... perhaps it's just a couple of weeks behind the other streams. Still, the next couple of weeks are probably some of the best small stream fishing of the year.
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment